Insurance Defense in Connecticut
The attorneys at Jackson O'Keefe provide sophisticated representation in a range of insurance defense matters, including representation of the insurance industry, policyholders, and self-insured parties.
From offices in Hartford, the firm's insurance defense lawyers represent businesses and individuals throughout Connecticut. To learn your options in an insurance defense matter, contact the firm to arrange a confidential consultation.
Within the firm’s insurance defense practice, the attorneys handle the litigation and appeals of insurance matters involving
- Third-party personal injury claims. The firm defends insured defendants in personal injury lawsuits in a wide variety of claims.
- First-party claims, such as bad faith refusal to pay. Jackson O'Keefe defends insurance companies when their customers allege that the refusal to pay a claim is unjustified or in bad faith.
- Coverage analysis and consultation. The firm provides advice regarding the availability of coverage and defends insurance companies in lawsuits challenging the denial of coverage.
- Insurance agent and broker liability. Jackson O'Keefe defends insurance companies, agents or brokers allegedly engaged in misconduct or negligence.
- Professional liability, including health care professionals, lawyers, architects and engineers. The firm defends professionals and the insurance companies that have provided professional malpractice insurance to them.
- Product and manufacturing liability. The firm defends product manufacturers and distributors in product liability claims.
- Premises liability or allegations of property owner negligence. Jackson O'Keefe provides representation to owners, lessors and lessees with regard to premises liability claims.
- Municipal defense. The firm defends cities, towns, boards of education, police agencies and other governmental agencies in a wide variety of claims.
Lawyers who defend an insurance claim must be experienced negotiators, as well as skilled litigators. Claims alleging bad faith, regulatory infractions, negligence, or other wrongful behavior involve complex and diverse issues. Defending those claims requires thorough preparation and vigorous advocacy. The firm is AV-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Review Rating System®.
The insurance defense attorneys at Jackson O'Keefe are committed to providing professional representation as effectively and efficiently as possible. The firm manages cases carefully to minimize expense and protect the interests of its clients. The firm has represented individuals and businesses throughout the area for over 50 years. Contact the firm to learn your options.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Hartford CT Insurance Defense Attorneys
Jackson O’Keefe handles insurance defence and civil litigation matters throughout the State of Connecticut, including clients in West Hartford, Farmington, Avon, Simsbury, Old Lyme, Ellington, Tolland, North Haven, Wallingford, Wethersfield, Rocky Hill, Cromwell, Bethlehem, Moodus, East Haddam, Hadlyme, Madison, Middletown, Hartford, Southington, Plantsville, Hartford County, New Haven County, Middlesex County, New London County and Litchfield County.