fbpx Skip to content

Q. As the victim of a hit and run accident, will I be able to have my car repaired or replaced?

A. Jackson O’Keefe will help you examine your particular insurance policy in order to determine the details of your collision coverage.

Q. What can I expect when I contact Jackson O’Keefe after being involved in a pedestrian accident?

A. Jackson O’Keefe works to protect your rights. After an accident, we run a full and thorough investigation of the accident scene and all evidence involved. Oftentimes, a settlement is made without a trial. The Connecticut car accident lawyers at Jackson O’Keefe have the years of experience and knowledge necessary to provide you with the skilled representation you need when dealing with insurance companies following any type of hit and run accident.

Q. If I am the victim of a hit and run accident, am I entitled to money damages?

A. Under many uninsured motorist policies, victims of hit and run accidents are entitled to money damages, whether for personal injury or death of a relative.

Q. What type of compensation can I collect for a hit and run claim?

A. If the driver is identified, victims of a hit and run accident could be entitled to punitive damages if a hit and run driver’s conduct is found to be especially dangerous. Punitive damages are additional compensation that is awarded to victims specifically to punish offenders and discourage them from engaging in similar conduct in the future. At Jackson O’Keefe, LLP, we have been helping insurers defend pedestrian accident claims for many, many years.  As a result, we know the intricacies of these claims, and we know what insurers find significant, and how to best present your damages claim for the most favorable resolution possible.

If the driver is not identified, you may be able to pursue a claim against your own or resident relative’s auto insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage.  Contact us immediately at 860.278.4040 because there are often short deadlines for these types of claims on the insurance policies.

Q. Am I able to get my vehicle repaired or replaced after an automobile accident?

A. Our office will work with you to analyze your insurance policy both as to any collision coverage you may have. Sometimes, individuals hurt in a hit and run accident feel that there is no hope, and that there is nothing they can do. We are always happy to take time to explore your case with you to see whether we can be of assistance. Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients owe us nothing unless we win their case.